Monday, October 1, 2012

Starting a blog

For perhaps the first time in my life, I'm doing something that other people might actually want to hear about. I'm on an Archival Adventure in the middle of the California desert.  In order to give friends who are interested a better idea of what I'm doing out here I've decided to bow to social media and try writing a blog. Be warned: I've never done this before. When asked, my friends were about half for Blogger and half for Wordpress, and I decided to try Blogger.  While I'm figuring out how Blogger works I expect the site to look pathetic for awhile. Hopefully I'll figure out how to make background images and photographs work so this is a little more interesting to look at as time goes on.  I welcome all suggestions, especially on the technology front.

Anyone who knows me will laugh at the title I've given this blog. I'm one of the least adventurous people I know.  But this is a favorite saying of several of my best friends, and my new roommate, and I decided that it was a sign. Life is an adventure and I need to start approaching it in true mustelidae fashion. Like a ferret, assume everyone will get out of your way- no matter how much larger they are. Like a wolverine, don't avoid the mountain. Don't go around the mountain. Go over it. Face life head on and expect to come out on top. It's how all members of the weasel family approach life and anyone who knows me knows how much I love ferrets.  So here's to trying to live life like a weasel. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Well, my old friend, welcome to the Blogosphere! Glad to see that you're taking an adventurous path in life and I look forward to reading all about it as it unfolds, which it already appears to be! :D

    ReplyDelete